Aston Villa meets Arsenal in their penultimate game of the 2019-20 English Premier League season. Both teams have had seasons that they aren’t too proud of, and both still have a lot to play for even as the season draws to a close.
Aston Villa comes into the game in a relegation spot and in dire need of a win to get themselves out of trouble. They come into this game off a draw against Everton and have shown time and time again that they buckle against strong opposition.
Arsenal is in a different position but still need to notch up some wins if they want to play in the European competition next year. A win could see them climb as much as three positions and back into a Europa League position. Arsenal are favorites to take this one, but will they?
<img src="” class=”lazy lazy-hidden” data-lazy-type=”iframe” alt>
Aston Villa vs Arsenal Predictions
Well, before we get into the predictions, here are some stats and facts you need to keep in mind before making your decision:
- As mentioned above, Aston Villa comes into this game following a draw against Everton. Before that, they were able to pick up a win against Crystal Palace, but that was one good result since the league restarted. Their match history includes recent losses against Chelsea, Wolves, Liverpool and Manchester United.
- Aston Villa needs to at least get a draw in this game to secure a chance of staying in the league and even then, they’ll have to hope other results go their way. Only three points separate Watford and Villa, and of the two teams, Watford has a harder road to the end of the season. So, Villa will need to make this one count.
- Arsenal comes into this game following an FA Cup win against Manchester City, which was quite surprising given the team’s shocking display against City in June. The FA Cup may be the only trophy Arsenal wins this season, so they are saving their best players for this tournament.
- Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is in the race for Golden Boot this season. With two games left, there is a chance that he could take it if he plays hard and takes his chances. Villa will have to mark the forward well to keep him from finding the back of the net.
- Arsenal and Aston Villa have played each other 176 times. Arsenal has won 76 of these matches whereas Aston Villa has won 61. Arsenal has won the last five games against Aston Villa, which obviously doesn’t bode well for the Claret and Blue Army.
Well, we think that this one is really as easy as it appears to be. Quite honestly, Villa doesn’t look like they have what it takes to get wins over bigger teams.
If Villa manages to scrape themselves out of the relegation zone, it will be due to a win against West Ham in the next match week and Watford imploding against Manchester City and Arsenal.
The moneyline on Arsenal actually gives a surprisingly good return, so we’ll take it in this one.