A pair of the NBA’s top scorers match up when LeBron James (fourth, 24.4 PPG) and the Los Angeles Lakers (12-4) visit Zach LaVine (second, 27.2 PPG) and the Chicago Bulls (7-8) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET on NBCS-CHI. The Lakers are favorites. The point total in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 23, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Bulls Betting Odds
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Injury Report as of January 23
Jared Dudley: Day To Day (Calf),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Day To Day (Knee),
Anthony Davis: Day To Day (Ankle)
Wendell Carter Jr.: Out (Quad),
Adam Mokoka: Out (Concussion)
|Spread Pick||Bulls (+9)|
|Total Pick||Over (227)|
|Prediction||Lakers 118, Bulls 111|
The model favors the Lakers by 6.8 points, just 2.2 less than the 9-point spread set by DraftKings.
In this game, the model projects a total (228.9 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (227 points).
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- James’ assists prop total for the contest is listed at 8.5 assists, 0.9 greater than his season average of 7.6.
- Anthony Davis’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 36.5, 2.9 greater than his season average of 33.6.
- James’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots less than his season average of 2.6.
- Davis’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
Bulls Key Players
|Wendell Carter Jr.||14||12.8||8.0||2.4||0.6||0.6||0.3|
|Otto Porter Jr.||13||12.5||6.8||1.9||0.7||0.1||1.8|
Bulls Player Props
- LaVine’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is posted at 32.5, 5.1 lower than his season average of 37.6.
- Coby White’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 20.5, 6.6 lower than his season average of 27.1.
- LaVine’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots lower than his season average of 3.4.
- LaVine’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals higher than his season average of 1.4.
- The Lakers make 48.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.6 percentage points higher than the Bulls have allowed to their opponents (48%).
- Los Angeles is 6-3 against the spread and 7-2 overall when it shoots higher than 48% from the field.
- Chicago’s record is 5-1 against the spread and 4-2 overall when its opponents make more than 48.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Bulls’ 48% shooting percentage from the field this season is 3.1 percentage points higher than the Lakers have allowed to their opponents (44.9%).
- Chicago has put together a 9-1 record against the spread and a 5-5 straight up record in games it shoots over 44.9% from the field.
- This season, Los Angeles has a 7-5 record against the spread and a 9-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 48% from the field.
- The Lakers shoot 40% from beyond the arc, 2.8% higher than the 37.2% the Bulls allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles is 6-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall when it shoots better than 37.2% from distance.
- Chicago is 7-3 against the spread and 5-5 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 40% from deep.
- The Bulls’ three-point shooting percentage this season (38.3%) is just 4.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Lakers are averaging (33.7%).
- Chicago is 10-2 against the spread and 6-6 overall when shooting above 33.7% as a team from three-point range.
- Los Angeles has a 7-4 ATS record and an 8-3 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 38.3% of its three-point attempts.
- The Lakers make 12.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.1 fewer made shots on average than the 14 per game the Bulls give up.
- Chicago has gone 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Los Angeles makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 1-5 ATS and 2-4 straight up.
- The Bulls are the seventh-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Lakers allow the third-fewest makes from deep.
Lakers vs Bulls Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Bulls AVG||Bulls Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from