The Minnesota Timberwolves (3-11) will look to break a four-game losing streak when they host the New Orleans Pelicans (5-9) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Target Center as underdogs. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on FS-N. The over/under for the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 23, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Injury Report as of January 23
Karl-Anthony Towns: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Juancho Hernangomez: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
|Spread Pick||Timberwolves (+8)|
|Total Pick||Under (223)|
|Prediction||Pelicans 112, Timberwolves 109|
The model favors the Pelicans by 2.9 points, a much smaller margin than the 8-point spread set by DraftKings. Take the Timberwolves to cover.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 2.0 points highter than the model projection.
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Zion Williamson’s points prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 0.2 points lower than his season average of 23.7.
- Brandon Ingram’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 33.5, 0.1 higher than his season average of 33.4.
- Ingram’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots greater than his season average of 2.1.
- Ingram’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 0.9.
Timberwolves Key Players
Timberwolves Player Props
- D’Angelo Russell’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 36.5, 7.5 higher than his season average of 29.0.
- Juancho Hernangomez’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is listed at 4.5 rebounds, 0.8 rebounds less than his season average of 5.3.
- Russell’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots greater than his season average of 3.0.
- Naz Reid’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 blocks lower than his season average of 1.4.
- The Pelicans make 46.7% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.8 percentage points lower than the Timberwolves have allowed to their opponents (47.5%).
- New Orleans is 4-5 against the spread and 3-6 overall when it shoots higher than 47.5% from the field.
- Minnesota is 3-1-1 against the spread and 2-3 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46.7% from the field.
- The Timberwolves are shooting 43.8% from the field, 2.1% lower than the 45.9% the Pelicans’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Minnesota has a 1-2-1 record against the spread and a 0-4 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 45.9% from the field.
- New Orleans is 3-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 43.8% from the field.
- The Pelicans are making 33.4% of their three-point shots this season, 4.2% lower than the 37.6% the Timberwolves allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- New Orleans has collected a 2-2 record against the spread and a 2-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 37.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Minnesota is 5-1 against the spread while putting up a 3-3 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 33.4% from beyond the arc.
- The Timberwolves’ three-point shooting percentage this season (33.4%) is 4.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Pelicans are averaging (38.2%).
- Minnesota is 2-0-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall when shooting over 38.2% as a team from three-point range.
- New Orleans has a 4-1 ATS record and a 5-0 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 33.4% of its three-point attempts.
- The Pelicans make 9.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.6 fewer made shots on average than the 11.5 per game the Timberwolves allow.
- Minnesota is 5-2-1 against the spread and 3-5 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while New Orleans is 3-9 ATS and 3-9 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Timberwolves rank 24th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Pelicans give up the most made threes in the league.
Pelicans vs Timberwolves Stat Rankings
|Pelicans Rank||Pelicans AVG||Timberwolves AVG||Timberwolves Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from